Thursday, April 16, 2009

Packaging Made Me Do It


Packaging is a powerful media space that (done right) can move shoppers to purchase.

Take me for example. Up to the shops about a month ago for completely unrelated non-chip reasons and I bumped into little 'ol sally touting her wares. Did I need them (no!), did I want to try them because I loooved the packaging (yes!), have I met others who have done the same (yes!).


I think the packaging for these chips rocks. In a sea-of-sameness, it stands out a mile literally begging you to buy it.


Wasn't surprised to find out (after researching the product - yes, the packaging even made me SO curious that I went online to find out who was behind it!) that Tim Pethick (ex-Nudie) is one of the marketing brains.


The product may not be for me (small stumbling block) but I love the packaging!